Founded in 1959, the Cathedral Mothers' Club is a service organization of Cathedral mothers. We are dedicated to philanthropy and volunteerismin support of the Cathedral mission and vision. Our primary goal is to enhance the Cathedral community through initiatives that benefit faculty, staff, students, and parents, and which reflect the Holy Cross values.
Although we are first defined by our mission to serve others, Cathedral Mothers’ Club membership benefits also include social outings, networking, faith/fellowship, and personal growth opportunities through involvement.
Throughout the school year, the Mothers’ Club organizes initiatives to support faculty, staff, students, and parents.
One of our signature activities is our Annual Teacher Grants to teachers and administrative staff. Grants have been used to improve the classroom environment and on-campus experience for teachers and students. Over the last 10 years, we have awarded over $100,000 in grants which have provided equipment for photography and STEM students, research-grade automatic astronomy telescope, athletic strength and conditioning equipment, books for multiple free reading libraries, and musical instruments including clarinets, flutes, a portable grand piano keyboard and much more.
Our other activities include support for Open House Night, Lunches and Refreshments for Faculty and Staff Appreciation Events, Sophomore Ring Ceremony, Used Uniform Sale, Prom Parking, Baccalaureate Reception, and much more!
We also have fun!
The Mothers’ Club believes there is no better way to establish lifelong connections than through fellowship among its members. We host several social activities throughout the year including a weekly Mothers’ Club bowling league (a portion of the bowling fees are used toward funding our Annual Teachers Grant Program) and annual holiday gathering for members. These enjoyable activities help foster friendships and build our working relationships with one another so we can have an even stronger Mothers’ Club.
Membership and Dues
- The Cathedral Mothers’ Club is open to anyone who is the parent or guardian of a Cathedral student
- Annual dues are $19.59. Dues go toward annual administrative expenses and Cathedral Mothers’ Club-sponsored programs to help fund the activities.
- Occasionally members are asked to make in-kind donations such as food/beverages for certain events.
- To join OR renew your membership , click here.
Monthly Meetings and Activities Schedule
- We meet once a month from August – May (about 60-90 minutes). Members are not required to attend all meetings.
- Meetings are typically held at school at 8 a.m. and on some evenings to accommodate various schedules. For the 2018-2019 school year, we plan to provide a user-friendly web/phone conference number for individuals who cannot attend in-person but wish to dial-in. Check back for details.
- Meetings usually include a visit from a key member of the administrative staff such as Cathedral’s principal, president, academic vice president, and board president. These special guests provide us with an update on school happenings and address questions.
- We often broadcast these brief commentaries from our guests on Facebook Live on the Cathedral Mothers’ Club Facebook page. Watch for details.
- The 2018-2019 monthly meeting schedule and Mothers’ Club activities will be posted soon.
2018-2019 Mothers’ Club Executive Board
|Lorraine Phillips Vavul Co-President and Teacher Grants Committee Chair||Beth Hunter Co-President|
|Ann Bagwell Vice President-Finance and Club Treasurer||Shelly Cadwell Joy Cripps Ashley Vukovits Vice Presidents-Programs and Events, Volunteer Recruitment and Member Activities|
|Karen Grund President-Mothers' Club Bowling League||Erica Edwards Beth Hunter Vice Presidents- Digital, Social and Club Communications|