Lunch Assistance

Children need healthy meals to learn. Cathedral High School offers healthy meals every school day. Your children may qualify for free  meals.

1. Who can get free meals? All children in households receiving Food Stamps or TANF can get free meals regardless of your income. Also, if your household income is within the limits on the Federal Income Chart, your children can get free or reduced price meals.

2. How do I register for the program?  You may complete the application here.

3. Do I need to fill out an application for each child? No, a family may apply under one application if they have multiple students attending Cathedral. 

4. Can foster children get free meals? Yes, foster children that are under the legal responsibility of a foster care agency or court, are eligible for free meals. Any foster child in the household is eligible for free meals regardless of income.

5. Should I fill out an application if I received a letter this school year saying my children are enrolled in the free meal program? If you received communication from Cathedral saying your children are enrolled in the program, then no additional action is necessary. Please note, Cathedral's program is separate from the national free and reduced program so you will still need to complete an application if you have been approved for free meals from another school.

6. I get WIC. Can my children get free meals? Children in households participating in WIC may be eligible for free meals. Please fill out an application.

7. Can migrant, homeless, or runaway children get free meals? Yes, children who meet the definition of homeless, runaway, or migrant qualify for free meals. If you haven’t been told your children will get free meals, please contact to see if they qualify.

8. May I apply if someone in my household is not a U. S. citizen? Yes. You or your children do not have to be a U.S. citizen to qualify for free meals.

9. If I don’t qualify now, may I apply again later? Yes. You may apply at any time during the school year. For example, children with a parent or guardian who becomes unemployed may become eligible for free meals if the household income drops below the income limit.

10. My family needs more help. Are there other programs available? To find out how to apply for food stamps or other assistance benefits, contact your local assistance office.

11. What if I disagree with the school’s decision about my application? You should talk to the school officials. You also may ask for a hearing by writing to

We cannot approve an application that is not complete, so be sure to fill out all required information.