Kassie Braun Scholarship
One student selected every four years to receive tuition assistance in memory of Kassie Braun ’15.
Kassie Braun was a member of the Cathedral High School class of 2015. She embodied Holy Cross core values during her time at Cathedral and continued to do so at St. Edward’s University in Austin, TX. On November 7, 2017 Kassie passed away during a tragic accident while visiting the country of Myanmar as a participant in the Semester at Sea Program.
Kassie was known by her family, friends and throughout the Cathedral community as a person who had great zeal for life. Cathedral has defined zeal as the desire to make God known, loved and served and Kassie did that by the way she interacted and treated people around her. She was truly a joy to be around and was willing to be transformed and to transform the world through God’s love.
To honor Kassie’s legacy, the Braun family has established the Kassie Braun ’15 Endowed Memorial Tuition Assistance Fund. The recipient of this grant is to be a student who embodies the Holy Cross core values and who has demonstrated a commitment to persevering through academic challenges. In addition, the recipient should strive to be a positive example and inspiration to all in outstanding civic involvement, benevolent character and philanthropic endeavors to the betterment of their community. This endowed fund scholarship was established to ensure Kassie’s legacy and spirit will continue for many generations to come.
Criteria for selection and maintaining grant
Recipient is to be selected from the pool of incoming freshmen applicants. Primary consideration will be given
to applicants who embody the Holy Cross core values. Recipient should mirror Kassie’s desire to live life the Holy Cross way with the hope and desire to give back all that was given to her.
- Recipient’s family must file a yearly Financial Aid Application and qualify for financial assistance at Cathedral High School.
- The selected student must demonstrate a sincere desire to attend Cathedral High School and exemplify the expectations of students as set forth in the Mission Statement of the school.
- Recipient must continue to make progress toward graduation from Cathedral High School.
- The student must participate in at least three extracurricular activities each school year while attending Cathedral (other than or in addition to athletics).
- The student must meet Cathedral High School’s service requirement and strive to be a positive example and inspiration to all in their civic involvement, benevolent character and philanthropic endeavors to the betterment of their community.