Cathedral High School is proud to begin the 2020 school year with a remix to The Luck of the Leprechaun Student "Raffle." The realities of COVID-19 have caused us to think of a new ways to support the Cathedral mission. This year, Cathedral students will not be selling raffle tickets but will still raise money to support our tuition assistance program. We will also still have a philanthropy fund that can be used by the student body to provide assistance to deserving groups of their choice. We believe learning to give back is an important part of a young person’s education which helps establish a lifelong connection with philanthropy.
Here’s how it works:
Each student is provided the opportunity to raise a minimum of $250 to support tuition assistance through their personal online fundraising page and earn a “Free Day” from school on Wednesday, October 21, 2020. Additionally, once students reach the benchmark of raising half of their goal amount, they will be permitted to dress out of uniform in jeans/sweatpants and a spirit shirt through October 2nd.. There are cash prizes that will be given to the top student sellers, sports that raise the most money and clubs that raise the most money.
Your student will receive more details on how access their personal fundraising page on September 4th. Students will also be given time and assistance to further personalize their fundraising page during B period on September 10th.
* The Luck of the Leprechaun Student Fundraiser will be run from September 4 - September 30, 2020.
* Students can elect to support up to two Cathedral student activities. Student must make these selections on September 4th using the Google form emailed to them.
* September 10th - Early Bird prize day for B period classroom with the highest percentage to goal.
* September 18th - Second prize day for B period classroom with the highest percentage to goal.
* October 1st - Third prize day for G period classroom with the highest percentage to goal.
* Students may earn spirit shirt/jeans days after raising $125.
* Students may earn a Free Day from school on October 21, 2020 when they raise a minimum of $250.
Families with multiple students at Cathedral will have their total family fundraising goal adjusted based on the following schedule.
2 current students - $400 minimum
3+ current students - $500 minimum
Once a student raises a minimum of $250, he or she will receive:
All students who meet the goal of raising at least $250 will qualify for this prize. The designated "free day" for students who sell their tickets is Wednesday, October 21, 2020.
Spirit shirt and jeans/sweatpants day
As soon as a student has raised $125, he or she will be able to dress in a Cathedral spirit top and sweat pants/jeans until Friday, October 2, 2020. Students will receive a designated sticker to indicate he or she has reached this goal. The sticker should be placed on their iPad or lanyard until the end of the fundraiser.
All students are eligible for a donation to the Cathedral club/sport/activity of choice:
A portion of the money each student raises will be given back to their Cathedral club/sport/activity of choice. Students may select a maximum of two approved activities to receive a portion of their fundraising efforts. In essence, the more money raised, the more funding that clubs/sports/activities will receive from the student fundraiser. Students MUST use the Google Form given to them via email on September 4th to select their choice(s). There will be no change in designation after September 4th at 11:59pm.
To view a list of approved clubs/teams/activities please click here after September 1st.
Money collection information:
We encourage all fundraising to take place online using each student's personal fundraising page. Should someone give a check donation, students can give those to Mr. Fogel or to Mrs. Smith in the Advancement Office.
Note: We strongly encourage parents to make the donation online or if absolutely necessary, write a check in lieu of sending their student in with cash. This helps with our accounting process and minimizes risks for mistakes.
What to do if you have difficulty meeting your goal:
Cathedral has partnered with Coats for Kids and has started a community food pantry!
* Earn $10.00 in Coats for Kids bucks for each new or gently-used coat (up to 3 per student) you bring in. Bring your coat to Mr. Fogel (Room #4335) —and that can count towards your quota!
* Earn $10.00 in Food Pantry bucks by bringing in 5 items from THIS LIST. Bring the food pantry items to either Mr. Fogel (Room #4335) or Mrs. Smith in the Advancement office - and that also can count towards your quota!
* Student will receive credit for a maximum of $30.00 toward their goal for donations of coats and/or food for the pantry.
If you have any questions about the fundraiser, contact Howard Fogel, Student Philanthropy Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or Jean E. Smith, Director of Philanthropic Engagement, at email@example.com.