Cathedral High School is proud to begin the 2022-23 school year with the Ignite the Irish Student Fundraiser! The realities of COVID-19 caused us to think of new ways to support the Cathedral mission and we are excited to say that the student fundraiser was such a huge success the last two years that we will continue that format moving forward. Cathedral students will utilize personal online fundraising pages to raise money to support our tuition assistance program as well as a philanthropy fund that can be used by the student body to provide assistance to deserving groups of their choice. We believe learning to give back is an important part of a young person’s education which helps establish a lifelong connection with philanthropy.
Here’s how it works:
Each student is provided the opportunity to raise a minimum of $250 to support tuition assistance through their personal online fundraising page and earn a “Free Day” from school on Wednesday, October 19, 2022. Additionally, once students reach the benchmark of raising half of their goal amount, they will be permitted to dress out of uniform in jeans/sweatpants/yoga pants and a spirit shirt through October 7th (with the exception of September 13th when we have Mass.) There are also prizes that will be given to the top student sellers and to E period classes that have great participation.
Your student will receive more details on how to access their personal fundraising page on September 1st during the kick-off and in the student newsletter.
* Ignite the Irish Student Fundraiser will run from September 1 - October 7, 2022.
* Students can elect to support up to two Cathedral student activities. Student must make these selections using the Google form emailed to them on September 1st. Forms will not be accepted after September 9th.
* September 9th - Early Bird prize for the classroom with the highest percentage to goal.
* September 15th - Second prize for the classroom with the highest percentage to goal.
* September 21st - Third prize for the classroom with the highest percentage to goal.
* September 27th - Final prize for the classroom with the highest percentage to goal.
* Students earn dress down days (spirit shirt/jeans/sweatpants) after raising $125.
* Students may earn a Free Day from school on October 19, 2022 when they raise a minimum of $250.
Families with multiple students (in the same household) at Cathedral will have their total family fundraising goal adjusted based on the following schedule.
2 current students - $400 minimum per family
3+ current students - $500 minimum per family
Once a student raises a minimum of $250, he or she will receive:
All students who meet the goal of raising at least $250 will qualify for this prize. The designated "free day" for students who sell their tickets is Wednesday, October 19, 2022.
Spirit shirt and jeans/sweatpants day
As soon as a student has raised $125 (or half of their minimum goal), he or she will be able to dress in a Cathedral spirit top and sweat pants/jeans/yoga pants until Friday, October 7, 2022. Students will have a special mark in PowerSchool that will tell teachers that they have earned dress down privileges.
All students are eligible to designate money to their Cathedral club/sport/activity of choice:
A portion of the money each student raises will be given back to their Cathedral club/sport/activity of choice. Students may select a maximum of two approved activities to receive a portion of their fundraising efforts. In essence, the more money raised, the more funding that clubs/sports/activities will receive from the student fundraiser. Students MUST use the Google Form given to them via email on September 1st to select their choice(s). There will be no change in designation after September 9th at 11:59pm.
Money collection information:
We encourage all fundraising to take place online using each student's personal fundraising page. Should someone give a check donation, students can give those to Mrs. Smith in the Advancement Office.
Note: We strongly encourage parents to make the donation online or if absolutely necessary, write a check in lieu of sending their student in with cash. This helps with our accounting process and minimizes risks for mistakes.
What to do if you have difficulty meeting your goal:
Cathedral has partnered with Coats for Kids and has started a community food pantry, St. Nick's Nook!
* Earn $10.00 in Coats for Kids bucks for each new or gently-used coat (up to 3 per student) you bring in. Bring your coat to Mr. Fogel (Room #4301) —and that can count towards your quota!
* Earn $10.00 in Food Pantry bucks by bringing in 5 items from THIS LIST. Bring the food pantry items to either Mr. Fogel or Mrs. Smith in the Advancement office - and that also can count towards your quota!
* Student will receive credit for a maximum of $30.00 toward their goal for donations of coats and/or food for the pantry.
If you have any questions about the fundraiser, contact Howard Fogel, Student Philanthropy Coordinator at email@example.com or Jean E. Smith, Director of Philanthropic Engagement, at firstname.lastname@example.org.