Cathedral High School is proud to begin the 2021 school year with the Ignite the Irish Student Fundraiser! Last year, the realities of COVID-19 caused us to think of a new ways to support the Cathedral mission and we are excited to say that the student fundraiser was such a huge success that we will continue that format moving forward. This year, Cathedral students will utilize our online platform to create personal fundraising pages. They will raise money to support our tuition assistance program as well as a philanthropy fund that can be used by the student body to provide assistance to deserving groups of their choice. We believe learning to give back is an important part of a young person’s education which helps establish a lifelong connection with philanthropy.
Here’s how it works:
Each student is provided the opportunity to raise a minimum of $250 to support tuition assistance through their personal online fundraising page and earn a “Free Day” from school on Wednesday, October 20, 2021. Additionally, once students reach the benchmark of raising half of their goal amount, they will be permitted to dress out of uniform in jeans/sweatpants and a spirit shirt through September 24th. There are also prizes that will be given to the top student sellers and to E period classes that have great participation.
Your student will receive more details on how access their personal fundraising page on August 25th during the kick-off assembly and in the student newsletter.
* Ignite the Irish Student Fundraiser will run from August 25 - September 24, 2021.
* Students can elect to support up to two Cathedral student activities. Student must make these selections on beginning on August 25th using the Google form emailed to them. Forms will not be accepted after September 9th.
* August 27th - Early Bird prize day for E period classroom with the highest percentage to goal.
* September 3rd - Second prize day for E period classroom with the highest percentage to goal.
* September 8th - Third prize day for E period classroom with the highest percentage to goal.
* September 13th - Third prize day for E period classroom with the highest percentage to goal.
* Students may earn spirit shirt/jeans days after raising $125.
* Students may earn a Free Day from school on October 20, 2021 when they raise a minimum of $250.
Families with multiple students at Cathedral will have their total family fundraising goal adjusted based on the following schedule.
2 current students - $400 minimum
3+ current students - $500 minimum
Once a student raises a minimum of $250, he or she will receive:
All students who meet the goal of raising at least $250 will qualify for this prize. The designated "free day" for students who sell their tickets is Wednesday, October 20, 2021.
Spirit shirt and jeans/sweatpants day
As soon as a student has raised $125, he or she will be able to dress in a Cathedral spirit top and sweat pants/jeans until Friday, September 24, 2021. Students will have a special mark in PowerSchool that will tell teachers that they have earned dress down privileges.
All students are eligible for a donation to the Cathedral club/sport/activity of choice:
A portion of the money each student raises will be given back to their Cathedral club/sport/activity of choice. Students may select a maximum of two approved activities to receive a portion of their fundraising efforts. In essence, the more money raised, the more funding that clubs/sports/activities will receive from the student fundraiser. Students MUST use the Google Form given to them via email on August 25th (also found in the Student Newsletter) to select their choice(s). There will be no change in designation after September 9th at 11:59pm.
Money collection information:
We encourage all fundraising to take place online using each student's personal fundraising page. Should someone give a check donation, students can give those to Mrs. Smith in the Advancement Office or to Mr. Fogel.
Note: We strongly encourage parents to make the donation online or if absolutely necessary, write a check in lieu of sending their student in with cash. This helps with our accounting process and minimizes risks for mistakes.
What to do if you have difficulty meeting your goal:
Cathedral has partnered with Coats for Kids and has started a community food pantry, St. Nick's Nook!
* Earn $10.00 in Coats for Kids bucks for each new or gently-used coat (up to 3 per student) you bring in. Bring your coat to Mr. Fogel (Room #4301) —and that can count towards your quota!
* Earn $10.00 in Food Pantry bucks by bringing in 5 items from THIS LIST. Bring the food pantry items to either Mr. Fogel or Mrs. Smith in the Advancement office - and that also can count towards your quota!
* Student will receive credit for a maximum of $30.00 toward their goal for donations of coats and/or food for the pantry.
If you have any questions about the fundraiser, contact Howard Fogel, Student Philanthropy Coordinator at email@example.com or Jean E. Smith, Director of Philanthropic Engagement, at firstname.lastname@example.org.