Here's to you! In just 24 hours, 505 members of the Cathedral family answered the call and gave a combined $108,953!
Thanks to everyone who made All Out Irish Day a success! Whether you gave, shared on social media, rocked your blue and gold or simply followed along as we showed what life is like on the hill in 2019, you made a true and lifelong impact!
We are happy to report that your donations helped unlock all of the matching gift challenges. Thanks to all of our generous supporters who provided a matching gift.
- Parent Challenge - $10,000 matching gift provided by Jeff & Ann Morrell
- Alumni (classes of 1935 - 1999) Challenge - $10,000 matching gift provided by Tim '96 & Katie George '96 Peterson
- Young Alumni (classes of 2000 - 2018) Challenge - $1,000 matching gift provided by an anonymous alumnus
- Married Alumni Challenge - $5,000 matching gift provided by Dave '82 & Cece Mallett '83 Kasberg
Also a very large thank you to Michael Browning and sons Michael Browning II and Christian Browning who culminated All Out Irish Day with a $2.5 million gift, the largest gift Cathedral High School has ever received!
Michael Browning II and Christian Brown are Cathedral graduates of 1992 and 1993 respectively and Michael Browning is an honorary graduate of 2007. We are extremely grateful for their support and dedication to Cathedral High School.
Thanks to everyone's generosity during All Out Irish Day, Cathedral has reached $24.7 million in her $25 million Centennial Campaign goal. With this new mark, the school can now begin plans to break ground on the new Innovation Center.
This 24-hour online giving day aims to generate pride and raise funds for Cathedral High School.
Cathedral alumni, friends, parents, students, and employees will come together to celebrate All Out Irish Day in many ways such as:
- Making a gift to the Centennial Campaign
- Sharing their Irish pride on social media using the hashtag #AllOutIrish
- Helping unlock gift challenges
- Current and Former Parents - Cathedral parents Jeff & Ann Morrell have issued a challenge to all parents past and present. Any gifts made today will be matched dollar for dollar up to $10,000!
- Young Alumni: Classes 2000 - 2018 - an anonymous alumnus has issued a challenge to these classes: any gifts made today will be matched dollar for dollar up to $1,000!
- Alumni: Classes 1935 - 1999 - Tim ’96 & Katie ’96 Peterson have issued a challenge to alumni that any gifts made today will be matched dollar for dollar up to $10,000!
- Married Alumni - Dave '82 and Cece Mallett '83 Kasberg are challenging other Cathedral couples to make a gift of any amount and they will match it up to a total of $5,000!
Click here to learn five ways you can be part of All Out Irish Day!
All Out Irish Day Schedule
Join our hosts for the day, Ken Barlow '82 and Colleen O'Malia Stine '02, as we go live on Cathedral's Facebook page and show what a day in the life of Cathedral is like in 2019.
6:00 am Football Workouts
7:15 am Mass
8:00 am Band with Mrs. McCullough
9:00 am Theatre with Mrs. Alexander
10:00 am Muffin and Mrs. Hemer '09
11:00 am Ceramics class with Mrs. Greene
12:00 pm Lunch featuring the Leprechaun
1:00 pm Pre-Engineering class with Mrs. Vander Missen
2:00 pm English class with Mr. Lyons '04
3:00 pm Chemistry class with Mr. Fogel
4:00 pm Camp Cathedral with Mr. Ernst
5:00 pm What Cathedral means with Mrs. Ford
6:00 pm Cathedral softball game from Brunette Park
7:00 pm Cathedral Lacrosse game
8:00 pm Why Cathedral - Ken Barlow '82 and Colleen O'Malia '02 Stine
- What is All Out Irish Day?
- Why Does It Matter
- What is #alloutirish all about?
- I've already given this year. Why should I make a gift?
All Out Irish Day aims to unite the Cathedral Community around the world in a 24-hour online celebration. Through the power of social media and individuals like you, All Out Irish Day will be an opportunity to connect the Irish in one effort - to express their Irish pride and to participate in the Centennial Campaign, a once in a lifetime opportunity.
Cathedral only turns 100 once. This is a special opportunity to participate with the Cathedral community and share your #alloutirish pride. The Centennial Campaign is the tipping point for Cathedral that will stimulate the next 100 years of continued excellence. We are honoring those who have come before us and blessing those who come after us.
The official hashtags for social media will be #AlloutIrish and #GivetoCathedral. After you make your gift, share that you #GivetoCathedral because of the enormous impact it has made in your life or for someone you know. Please use this theme and hashtag in all of your tweets and posts so members of our Cathedral Community can retweet, favorite, and add to the buzz. Inspire others to make a gift!
All Out Irish Day is a great way to demonstrate your Irish pride and continue your support of current students. If you have given this year, thank you! Making another gift on All Out Irish Day will not only increase your impact on students but will also help unlock additional challenge gifts of $20,500 that are only available for this day of giving!