Blessed Father Basil Moreau, Founder of the Congregation of Holy Cross
"We have to taste the fruits of the cross if we want to taste eternally the fruits of the tree of life from which God nourishes the chosen ones in glory."
Prayers Are Requested
Our hearts are saddened by loss in several of our Cathedral Families. May God watch over their families and grant them comfort and peace.
Please keep Sr. Lynne Matteson, former employee of Cathedral in your prayers. For her healing and comfort.
It is with great sadness that we must share the passing of Steven Roy Swartz '68. Please keep his family and friends in your prayers.
It is with great sadness that we must share the passing of Richard Wagner '50. Please keep his family and friends in your prayers.
It is with with great sadness that we must share the passing of Charlotte A. Minta SAA '41 Mattingly
It is with great sadness that we must share the passing of James J Medenwald '50.
It is with great sadness that we share the passing of former Cathedral faculty member and past parent, Dr. Richard Tirman.
It is with great sadness that we share the passing of Spencer Wilson '13, Please keep Spencer and the Wilson family and friends in your prayers.
Prayers and condolences for the family of Etta Bower, Grandmother of Katie Lewis, Cathedral Faculty.
It is with great sadness that we share the passing of Deborah (Debbie) Clark-Whitted '82. Please keep Debbie and her loved ones in your prayers.
Prayers and condolences for the family of William F."Bill" Gill, Cathedral Class of 1974
Prayers and condolences for the family of Michael Ivory, Cathedral Bus Driver, for the loss of his beloved daughter Toshia Ivory .
Prayers and condolences for the family & friends of AT Simpson Sr. He is board member Brother Roy Smith's brother in law . Also, the father of AT Simpson Jr. '97 and Shayla Simpson '07. His wife is Nellie (Smith) Simpson '69 St. Agnes.
Prayers and condolences for the family, friends and parishioners of Father Glenn O'Conner. May he Rest In Peace, enjoying his eternal reward for a life of discipleship well lived.
Prayers and condolences for the family, friends and parishioners of Father Kevin Morris '73. May he Rest In Peace, enjoying his eternal reward for a life of discipleship well lived.
For complete healing and a full recovery for Megan Matthews, daughter of Mark Matthews, Cathedral Faculty
For a full recovery from heart surgery for Baby Katherine Burrows, Daughter of Joseph Burrows '96 and Kamillah Burrows
- For the complete healing and recovery of Rachel Kent '19
- For the complete healing of Mickey Lentz, Aunt of Dr. Tom Greer
- Prayers and condolences for Bill Decker and his family for the loss of his Father.
- Prayers and condolences for Buffy Vanwienen and her family for the loss of her Brother.
- Prayers for Tommy Cortese and his family, he is the father of Thomas Cortese '19
- For healing and comfort for Mr. and Mrs. Cornelius Smith, parents of Cathedral's Ida Dorsey
- For healing and full recovery for Mrs. Charlene Witka, Cathedral Campus Ministry
- For healing and prayers for Greg Bamrick's mother in Colorado.
- For safe travel and recovery of Ron Tuttle, Grandfather, Father of Tuttle Cathedral Family.
- For healing and prayers for Mr. and Mrs. Blair and their family, They are our Cathedral Family
- For the healing and recovery of Tracee Minnis from heart surgery, mother of Taylar '19
- For the healing and recovery of Toddler Sara Rose Traggesser, friend of Giorgia Pasquinelli '20
- For the healing and comfort of Duane Emery's Mother
- For the healing of Kathy Jensen, Wife of Ken Jensen, Cathedral Faculty
- For the healing of Jimmy Blair, Husband of Linda, also Cathedral Staff
- For the repose of the soul of (Maria) Claudia Bratton, mother of Nicholas '14 and Gabby '16
- For complete healing and recovery from surgery for Gary Spurgin
- For the full recovery of Ming Lowe from Surgery, Father of Blake '18 and Claudia '21
- For Joe Cathcart and his children David '05, Ryan '09 Kelly' 10
- For the healing of Tom Murphy '03
- For the healing of Bill Farrell
- For the healing of Bill McGowen '53 and his wife Joan
Please keep us updated on the status of prayer requests. Requests will be rotated off the list monthly. If you'd like to keep the request on the list longer, send an email to sbozzellilevine
For those who serve our country:
- For Second Lt. Alec Bannister '10 who is being deployed, brother of John '02 and Stuart '04.
- For Second Lt. Caroline Bechtel '13 who is deployed in the Middle East. She is the sister of Christina '10.
- For Second Lt. Spencer Tigges '10 who was deployed to Afghanistan. He is the brother of Tyler, Ali '11, Max '14 and Keegan '16.
- For Captain David Lauck '03 who is currently serving in Al Udeid, Qatar as a doctor in the Air Force. He is the brother of Michael Lauck '01, Colleen Lauck Matthews '01 and Brad Lauk '99.
If you have someone in your family or a friend serving our country, please send this information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Father Augustus Tolton
O God, we give you thanks for your servant and priest, Father Augustus Tolton, who labored among us in times of contradiction, times that were both beautiful and paradoxical. His ministry helped lay the foundation for a truly Catholic gathering in faith in our time. We stand in the shadow of his ministry. May his life continue to inspire us and imbue us with that confidence and hope that will forge a new evangelization for the Church we love. Father in Heaven, Father Tolton’s suffering service sheds light upon our sorrows, we see them through the prism of your Son’s passion and death. If it be your Will, O God, glorify your servant, Father Tolton, by granting the favor I now request through his intercession (insert prayer request here) so that all may know the goodness of this priest whose memory looms large in the Church he loved. Complete what you have begun in us that we might work for the fulfillment of your kingdom. Not to us the glory, but glory to you O God, through Jesus Christ, your Son and our Lord; Father, Son and Holy Spirit, you are our God, living and reigning forever and ever. Amen.
2010 Bishop Joseph N. Perry Imprimatur Francis Cardinal George, OMI Archdiocese of Chicago
Moms, we need your prayers! Please join us on Tuesday mornings from 8 a.m. to 9 a.m. in the chapel to pray for our children and the entire Cathedral family. Moms in Prayer is part of an international organization that gathers women together to pray scripturally and specifically for our children and our schools. Join us Tuesdays for as long as your schedule allows.
For information on Moms in Prayer, contact Lynda Thies at email@example.com.