Blessed Father Basil Moreau, Founder of the Congregation of Holy Cross
"We have to taste the fruits of the cross if we want to taste eternally
the fruits of the tree of life from which God nourishes the chosen ones in glory."
Prayers are requested for those battling illness or injury:
- Please pray for Teddy Thedwall, son of Ryan Thedwall '02, as he recovers from a serious illness.
- Please keep Adriana Queiroz from "Irish Blessings" in your prayers. Adriana is currently dealing with some health challenges.
Prayers are requested for those who have recently passed:
- William Linder '57 (December 7, 1939 - July 3, 2023)
- Jean Anne Nickel '52 Hoffman
- Jeanette McCarty OLG '78 Corrigan (March 25, 1960-June 24, 2023)
- Terry McGlinchey '54
- Paul J. Higi '55
- Jim Goodin '64
- Eleanor Haley SAA '53 Stewart
- Dennis Gaughn '58
- Bill Stuhldreher '49
- Richard F. McNamara '48
- Timothy Fitzgerald '68
- John F. Barton Jr. '69
- Hugh B. McGowan '62
- Barbara Barnes LSA '73 Kyle Oberling
- Richard L. Battles '59
- Vincent Koers "59
- James "Jim" Lime '58
- James L. Hunter '44
- Walter S. McCaughna '62
- James Conroy '68
- Nancy Logan SAA '70 Harrison
Please keep us updated on the status of prayer requests. Requests will be rotated off the list monthly. If you'd like to keep the request on the list longer, send an email to tmcclure
For those who serve our country:
- For Second Lt. Alec Bannister '10 who is being deployed, brother of John '02 and Stuart '04.
- For Second Lt. Caroline Bechtel '13 who is deployed in the Middle East. She is the sister of Christina '10.
- For Second Lt. Spencer Tigges '10 who was deployed to Afghanistan. He is the brother of Tyler '08, Ali '11, Max '14 and Keegan '16.
- For Captain David Lauck '03 who is currently serving in Al Udeid, Qatar as a doctor in the Air Force. He is the brother of Michael Lauck '01, Colleen Lauck Matthews '01 and Brad Lauck '99.
If you have someone in your family or a friend serving our country, please send this information to email@example.com
Father Augustus Tolton
O God, we give you thanks for your servant and priest, Father Augustus Tolton, who labored among us in times of contradiction, times that were both beautiful and paradoxical. His ministry helped lay the foundation for a truly Catholic gathering in faith in our time. We stand in the shadow of his ministry. May his life continue to inspire us and imbue us with that confidence and hope that will forge a new evangelization for the Church we love. Father in Heaven, Father Tolton’s suffering service sheds light upon our sorrows, we see them through the prism of your Son’s passion and death. If it be your Will, O God, glorify your servant, Father Tolton, by granting the favor I now request through his intercession (insert prayer request here) so that all may know the goodness of this priest whose memory looms large in the Church he loved. Complete what you have begun in us that we might work for the fulfillment of your kingdom. Not to us the glory, but glory to you O God, through Jesus Christ, your Son and our Lord; Father, Son and Holy Spirit, you are our God, living and reigning forever and ever. Amen.
2010 Bishop Joseph N. Perry Imprimatur Francis Cardinal George, OMI Archdiocese of Chicago
Moms, we need your prayers! Please join us on Tuesday mornings from 8 a.m. to 9 a.m. in the chapel to pray for our children and the entire Cathedral family. Moms in Prayer is part of an international organization that gathers women together to pray scripturally and specifically for our children and our schools. Join us Tuesdays for as long as your schedule allows.
For information on Moms in Prayer, contact Lynda Thies at firstname.lastname@example.org.