Senior Habitat Build
It has been a Cathedral tradition for our Senior Class to partner with the Indianapolis Habitat for Humanity Chapter to build a home for a local family as a Service Learning Project. This Service Learning project is part of their senior theology “Social Justice”curriculum. All seniors and the Peer Mentors are included in this build. We have been blessed for the past 3 year to receive the Wood Family Foundation matching grant. They Match $20,000 to Cathedral's $20,000 towards this build. Seniors are to raise $10,000 of that through the senior fee, Shack City, Raffle Tickets, and other fundraising.
With that being said seniors participation is important! Sign ups to volunteer for Shack City, the Advent Dinner will be available. Parents you will also have opportunities to sign up to chaperone.as soon as students are assigned to build dates.
Build Days are: October 4, 12, 18, 19
November: 2, 8, 9, 15, 16, 28, 29, 30
Home Blessing: December 15th
Need to Know
- $25 for the Senior Fee was sent towards our Habitat Fee.
- Students are required to participate as part of their Social Justice Learning.
- Build Dates will begin October and wrap up in mid November
- Home Address: 4131 N. Elizabeth St. 46226
- We need like 2 parent volunteers per build day depending on class size. Signup genius will be available by clicking in the link to the left. Parents can volunteer with your student and additional day if desired. We could use the help!
If you have more questions please contact someone from our Campus Ministry:
Christian Service Administrator
Director of Campus Ministry