Day of Service
Cathedral celebrates Her Birthday with a Day of Service!
The day begins at 7:50 am when students and teachers from Cathedral High School will fan out across Indianapolis and surrounding counties to help in a wide variety of central Indiana not-for-profits. We will pitch in on everything from serving in the most of our Catholic Charities programs to helping at Urban Farms throughout the city and everything in between! The Day of Service is a meaningful way for students and staff to celebrate Cathedral High School's birthday and give back to the community.
This is the seventh year that Cathedral High School has participated in a school-wide birthday celebration through service to the community. The school, founded in 1918, has a long tradition of philanthropy. “Our annual Day of Service helps our students learn about the importance of giving back,” Principal Dave Worland says. “This has been an integral part of Cathedral’s identity and part of our Holy Cross tradition. This is one of the unique ways we achieve our mission of transforming a diverse group of students’ and helping them understand how they can contribute to a better community here in Indianapolis.”
Need to Know
- Your students were emailed the permission form(s) needed for the agency their town will be volunteering at on the Service Day. These forms are to be signed by parents and returned to school on Thursday, but NO Later than Monday, Sept. 10th.
- All permission forms are now being collected at the start of Theology classes or can be turned into Mrs Fox's office. ALL students leaving campus MUST return the CHS Permission Form. The form is also available to print below. Any student without a signed permission form will need to remain on campus to work with our grounds crew. They will be required to bring their lunch as the cafeteria will be closed.
- EXTRA Waiver Forms Depending on your students' site of service that day they may be required to complete an additional form required by that agency. Agencies and town assignments are below. Click on the link on the name of the agency to print their waiver.
- DRESS CODE: All students are to come to school in long jeans (no holes), their County tee shirt, and closed toed lace-up shoes (tennis shoes). Some students could be working on painting or landscaping clean up projects so wear older jeans and tennis shoes. Tennis shoes are a MUST at all Food Banks & Pantries!!
- LUNCHES Students Faculty and Staff will need to bring a sack lunch and drink with them.
- Parents your student if they are needing any specific needs required for the day. Some agencies are asking volunteers to bring garden gloves, scissors, paint brushes, hammers. Your students' town leaders will let them know what is necessary.
- SCHOOL WILL BEGIN at 7:50 am that Day, as several towns will be loading buses at 8am sharp!
County - Town / Agency Information
The Cathedral student body plus faculty and staff will volunteer at 51 different locations around central Indiana including: