Cathedral High School is a participating school in the Indiana Choice Scholarship Program (known widely as the "Voucher" program). Through this program, families who meet certain guidelines (see below) might be eligible for a Choice Scholarship (Voucher).
We believe that our participation in this program is consistent with our mission which, in part, calls for us to provide "to a diverse group of students" a holistic education rooted in Holy Cross values.
To be eligible for participation in the Indiana Choice Scholarship (Voucher) Program, the student must have legal settlement in Indiana, must meet income eligibility guidelines based on a family's 2020 federal tax returns, and must satisfy at least one of the following pathways. Please reference information below the pathways in determining your household size and income.
Household size and income are typically found on your federal tax returns, but the below can help clarify what constitutes these items:
- For most families, income is defined as the adjusted gross income from your federal tax returns. However, for voucher purposes, the household income includes all income coming into the household such as income from a self-owned business, child support payments received, social security, etc.
- Children of divorced or separated parents are generally part of the household that has custody. When joint custody has been awarded, the child is considered part of the household where he/she resides for the majority of the year.
- Children who are in college can be considered part of the household even if they are living at school.
Indiana Tax Credit (SGO) Scholarships
As mentioned, the Indiana Tax Credit (SGO) is a pathway toward the Choice Scholarship ("Voucher") Program. The State of Indiana has established a tax credit scholarship program (SGO) that can provide scholarship funding through eligible Scholarship Granting Organizations. The residency requirement is the same as those for the Choice Scholarship ("voucher") program, but there is no requirement that the student has attended a public school. The income thresholds for the SGO Scholarship Program are the same as those for the Choice Scholarship Program. If you meet the income thresholds for a Choice Scholarship Voucher, but do not meet one of the pathways, please contact Ben Pawelak, Director of Financial Aid, at email@example.com. We will award your student with an SGO award in 21-22 so that they can receive a voucher for the 22-23 school year.
Steps for Vouchers & SGO Scholarships at Cathedral
In order to apply for Choice Scholarships, families must:
- Apply for admission to Cathedral
- Apply for need-based tuition assistance if you would like to be considered for Cathedral-based tuition assistance in addition to a voucher or upload federal tax returns to your SchoolAdmin account under Tax Documentation if you are not applying for need-based tuition assistance.
For additional information about Choice Scholarships (Vouchers) and/or SGO Scholarships, you can visit the Indiana Department of Education School Choice website, or you can contact:
Director of Database Operations, Advancement & Financial Aid
Cathedral High School
5225 E. 56th Street
Indianapolis, IN 46226