Start Your Application to Cathedral
Start your journey to becoming Irish! The tabs below will have guidelines for starting your Cathedral application.
- Step 1 - Apply
- Step 2 - Checklist
- Step 3 - Placement Test
- Step 4 - Interview
- Step 5 - Admissions Decision
- Step 6 - Enroll
Step 1: Submit an Application for Admission
To apply for admission, families create a Parent Portal Account to access the application and application checklist. There is no application fee.
The application period has closed for the Class of 2028. Families are still welcome to submit an application and the admissions team will review any late applications beginning in March.
Application Deadlines - Class of 2028
- Early Admission Deadline: October 15 (Learn more!)
- Supplemental Items Deadline: October 31
- Regular Admission Deadline: December 15
- Supplemental Items Deadline: December 31
Step 2: Complete Additional Checklist Items
After completing your application, begin working on the Supplemental Items on your admissions checklist below is a list of required items.
Early Admission—Application deadline October 15 (supplemental items due October 31)
Regular Admission—Application deadline December 15 (supplemental items due December 31)
- Student Essays
Three short-answer essays will be reviewed along with your application information. Students, we look forward to learning more about you through your essays! You can complete the essays after the application and save your work and edit later if you wish.
- Copy of the student's 7th-grade report card
- Copy of the most recent 8th-grade report card or progress report
- Copy of the student's 7th-grade testing (if applicable)
- Please submit iLearn, NWEA Map scores and/or other standardized test scores
- Two (2) recommendations - Request these electronically with the name and email of the student's current teacher(s), counselor, and/or principal
- Schedule a Shadow Day! From the application checklist, select a day to spend on the Hill.
Step 3: High School Placement Test Results
Each applicant must provide results from the High School Placement Test. You may schedule a test date in the online Parent Enrollment Portal where you submit the application.
The HSPT results can be from Cathedral's High School Placement Test Summer Academy, from our on campus test date(s), or results from a High School Placement Test (HSPT) taken at another school. If the test was taken at another school, please email the score report to email@example.com.
Step 4: Complete an Interview
Each applicant for admission to Cathedral High School must complete an interview. A parent or guardian is required to join the student for the interview. Interviews will take place on the following dates and may be scheduled in the Parent Enrollment Portal during the admissions process.
Please note: Interview dates will be posted soon. If your family has a conflict with the date listed, please contact Maribeth Cloud at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step 5: Receive an Admissions Decision
The Cathedral Admissions Office will send official admissions decisions via mail and email.
- Early Admission (October 1 deadline) decisions will be released the week of Thanksgiving.
- Regular Admission (December 15 deadline) decisions will be released by the first week of February.
Step 6: Enroll and Join the Class of 2028 at Cathedral!
As soon as a student receives their acceptance, enrollment can be confirmed on the student application portal. Admitted students have until March 1 to finalize enrollment at Cathedral High School! Upon enrollment students will receive up-to-date information, and are encouraged to visit the New Families Page.
- Step 1: Submit an Application for Admission
- Step 2: Obtain Two Student Recommendations
- Step 3: Submit Academic Records
- Additional Information
After the Admissions Office has processed your application, you will be be able to access your application checklist. This includes two (2) recommendations.
- For each recommendation you will be prompted to share the names and email addresses of two different teachers who will provide online recommendations. These teachers will receive an email that will allow them to submit this online recommendation. The following are examples of who can submit such recommendations:
- The student’s current teachers of an academic subject (English, Math, Science, Social Studies, Theology, or World Language);
- The student’s school guidance counselor
- The student’s school principal
The following information must be uploaded via the student's online application checklist:
- A copy of the student's high school transcript
- Any applicant who has not completed at least one full year of high school also must submit a copy of the entire 8th-grade report card to the same address above.
- Additional educational evaluations and/or medical information, if applicable
We will accept unofficial transcripts for initial evaluation, but we will not make any offers of admission without an official transcript from any school(s) previously attended.
The Admissions Office must receive all required materials before the Admissions Committee will consider the request for transfer admission. At this point, the applicant might be invited to complete a student/parent interview with one or more members of the Admissions Committee.
The criteria for transfer admission include the following:
- Space availability
- Student academic performance and conduct in previous schools (including the student's current school)
- Assessment of the stated reason(s) for transfer admission
- Current course evaluation and ability to meet Cathedral graduation requirements
If you have any questions or concerns throughout any part of the admissions process, please contact the Admissions office at (317) 968-7370 or email@example.com.