Summer School 2019
Required Orientation Tuesday, June 4 with classes starting Wednesday, June 5
Summer School Times
Session 1 (8-11:30 a.m.) and Session 2 (12-3:30 p.m.)
Online Classes Available
Spanish (Hybrid Online)—Wednesday, June 5, 2019 - Thursday, June 27, 2019
For course descriptions and prereqs visit the Cathedral Course Guide.
Summer school registration is now closed.
Both morning and afternoon PE and Health classes are full. If you would like to be placed on the waitlist for one of the PE or Health classes please email Anna Lynn Houk at firstname.lastname@example.org
There is limited availability in the following classes. If you are interested in registering for the following classes please email Anna Lynn Houk at email@example.com
1. For any inquiries regarding summer school, please contact Anna Lynn Houk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Registration is performed on a first come, first served basis.
- Returning students who register before the deadline receive preference in Physical Education placement.
- Please note that historically, Physical Education sessions have filled rapidly. Please be sure to register before the deadline to give yourself the best chance to be enrolled in your preferred class.
- A Registration Waitlist may be offered for certain courses that reach capacity. Seat openings in these classes will be filled from the waitlist on a first come, first served basis.
2. We make every effort to accommodate all summer school requests. However, there are no guarantees your first choice will be fulfilled due to the need of balancing classes.
3. All offerings are subject to change based upon student interest. Class sizes MUST exceed 10 students.
- Summer school classes cost $500 each, not including any books that may be needed.
- Spanish 1 Hybrid Online costs $250.
- Online Composition costs $500.
- Payment is due at time of registration. We will not fulfill any summer school requests if payment is not completed.
5. ATTENDANCE: Attendance during summer school is mandatory, and students are expected to be in class each day. Missing one class is equivalent to one week during the regular school year.
6. If you find that your summer school needs have changed, please contact Anna Lynn Houk at email@example.com.
- Please withdraw in writing to Anna Lynn Houk (firstname.lastname@example.org) before April 1, 2019 for full refund.
- Withdrawal from summer school after April 1 will result in a cancellation fee of $50.
- Withdrawal from summer school after May 18 will result in no refund.
- Refund checks will not be issued in the event of cancellation. Any debits and/or credits will be applied to the student's account in the Business Office.
Notes for Summer School 2019
As previously announced, all summer school students are to follow the "school year" dress code.
- All students must wear the Cathedral long- or short-sleeved logo shirts available only in the Cathedral Spirit Shop.
- Only a Cathedral uniform sweatshirt or sweater may be worn over the logo shirt.
- Only a plain white t-shirt may be worn under the Cathedral logo shirt. Colored undershirts will not be permitted.
- Long sleeved undershirts are not permitted.
- Cathedral's uniform pants are khaki pants that are ordered from Risse Brothers uniform company. Pants should be worn properly around the waist. Pants that are altered or cut in any way will not be permitted.
- Sock must be worn at all times.
- Hats, sunglasses, head wraps, dew-rags, beads, and hair picks are not permitted.
- As during the regular school year, Fridays will be "activity days," and Cathedral spirit t-shirts or sweatshirts may be worn with uniform pants.
- PE students may wear any shorts with a Cathedral spirit shirt or a solid colored t-shirt. Socks and tennis shoes are required. Also, all belongings are locked up safely in a room inside the cafeteria during class.
- Click here for more information about uniforms, or contact Risse Brothers at 317-770-0898 or the Cathedral Spirit Shop at 317-968-7388.
Due to the shortened schedule for summer school, 100% attendance is expected. If an emergency arises and your student must be absent from school, please call the attendance line and report the absence at 317-543-4942, then option 1. Final exams will be on Thursday, June 27, 2019; therefore, this is a mandatory day of summer school.
Students taking Health, Bridges, and Study Skills will be using their iPads in class and will undergo Onboarding with the Technology Department on Tuesday, June 4 during mandatory orientation. Students taking Physical Education also will undergo Onboarding with their iPad on Tuesday, June 4.
Students do not need to purchase any books; however, they will need their iPad for all classes with the exception of Physical Education. Students do need a folder, a notebook, pens, and pencils for all classes.
All classes will be held in the main building in Kelly Hall with the exception of Physical Education. Physical Education will meet in the Cafeteria.
Flik, our catering company, will be offering lunch to all summer school students. Students can pay with cash or can use their MyMealtime accounts.