Summer School 2024
As a Summer School student, you are still expected to abide by the basic Student Code of Conduct adopted by Cathedral High School. In addition, there are expectations and requirements of summer school. By taking part in summer school classes and activities you are agreeing to abide by these rules and expectations.
Summer School Hours
- Morning Sessions 8:00-11:30 am
- Afternoon Sessions noon-3:30 pm
Summer School Important Dates
- Freshman & New Student Orientation & Onboarding Friday, May 31 from 8-11:30 a.m.
- Dress code not enforced for orientation and onboarding on Friday
- First Day of Summer School Monday, June 3
- School uniform required (except for PE). Uniforms can be purchased in the Spirit Shop or online at cathedralspiritshop.com.
- Wednesday, June 19 - No School. (Juneteenth - Observed Federal Holliday)
- Last Day of Summer School Thursday, June 27
- Final Exams will be administered on June 27. All students must be in attendance for final exams!
- All classes, including online and hybrid classes, will meet in person on June 3.
Summer school courses cost $500 per course. All summer school charges will be billed and paid through FACTS. In Mid-February you will receive the invitation from FACTS to create an account and select a 2024-25 payment plan and payment method. Summer school charges will be posted on your account on Friday, February 23rd and will be auto-deducted from the payment method set up on your account within 10 business days.
Due to the shortened schedule for summer school. 100% attendance is expected. If an emergency arises and your student must be absent from school, please call the attendance line and report the absence at 317-968-7496, then option 1.
Missing more than two (2) days of any class will result in a grade reduction of 4% per day for each day missed beyond those two (2) days. If you are aware that you will miss more than two days or if you know you will be unable to attend final exams on June 27, you should not sign up for summer school! This would include family vacations, service trips, or extracurricular activities. Absences for school-related academic activities must be pre-approved by the administration.
Questions or Concerns
Use this guide for addressing concerns involving classes:
- Classroom teacher (contact info provided on first day of class)
- Summer School Administrator - Bill Peebles (email@example.com)
- Summer School Administrator - Howard Fogel (firstname.lastname@example.org)
We look forward to serving you!