Summer School 2023
As a Summer School student, you are still expected to abide by the basic Student Code of Conduct adopted by Cathedral High School. In addition, there are expectations and requirements of summer school. By taking part in summer school classes and activities you are agreeing to abide by these rules and expectations.
Summer School Hours
- Morning Sessions 8:00-11:30 am
- Afternoon Sessions noon-3:30 pm
Summer School Important Dates
- Freshman & New Student Orientation & Onboarding Friday, June 2 8-11:30 a.m.
- Dress code not enforced for orientation and onboarding on Friday
- First Day of Summer School Monday, June 5
- Monday, June 19 - No School. (Juneteenth - Observed Federal Holliday)
- Last Day of Summer School Thursday, June 29
- Final Exams will be administered on June 29 All students must be in attendance for final exams!
- All classes, including online and hybrid classes, will meet in person on June 6.
Due to the shortened schedule for summer school. 100% attendance is expected. If an emergency arises and your student must be absent from school, please call the attendance line and report the absence at 317-968-7496, then option 1.
Missing more than two (2) days of any class will result in a grade reduction of 4% per day for each day missed beyond those two (2) days. If you are aware that you will miss more than two days or if you know you will be unable to attend final exams on June 30, you should not sign up for summer school! This would include family vacations, service trips, or extracurricular activities. Absences for school-related academic activities must be pre-approved by the administration.
The registration period for summer school is closed. If you have any questions please contact Bill Peebles.
Summer School Course Offerings
- English Composition
- Faith & Film
- Journalism 1
- Latin 3 Honors
- Physical Education
- Pre-Engineering 1
- World Religions
Faith & Film
Latin 3 Honors
Summer School Expectations
- Online, Hybrid, and Asynchronous Expectations
- Drop Off and Pick Up Protocol
- Breakfast and Lunch Options
- Dress Code
- Class Materials
Online, Hybrid, and Asynchronous Expectations
Drop Off and Pick Up Protocol
Breakfast and Lunch Options
Questions or Concerns
Use this guide for addressing concerns involving classes:
- Classroom teacher (contact info provided on first day of class)
- Summer School Administrator - Bill Peebles (email@example.com)
- Summer School Administrator - Howard Fogel (firstname.lastname@example.org)
We look forward to serving you!