Scheduling for the 2021-2022 School Year
One way Cathedral educators and school counselors help each student develop academically, socially, and emotionally is through course planning and scheduling. During this process, our counselors and educators will be available to connect with students, share information, and answer questions. Below you will find useful information about the scheduling process. We hope this gets students off to a great start with course planning!
Four Phases for Successful Scheduling
Phase I: January 21, 2021
Class of 2022, 2023, and 2024 students, counselors, and educators will participate in the Scheduling Kickoff Event during the Activity period (12:50 pm to 1:50 pm). Students will watch a video presentation provided by the counselors to learn about graduation requirements, different diploma types, and important considerations when selecting classes for the 2021-2022 year. Online learners can participate in this event by watching the video and following the instructions provided in the video and on this page.
- Explore: Spend time visiting the academic department pages to learn more about course offerings and to chat 1-on-1 with teachers using the zoom links located in the academic department pages. Be sure to take notes along the way and use the Course Selection Sheet in the handouts.
- Take Notes: Your E period teacher will provide you with a copy of the scheduling handouts. Online learners can access the schedule handouts HERE. As you are exploring the vast array of course offerings, take notes, begin planning out your 2021-2022 schedule, and update your four year plan.
Phase II: January 21-27, 2021
- Continue doing your research and make decisions: Teachers will be promoting course offerings in their classrooms. This is a great opportunity for students to ask questions, continue exploring the course options on this website and have conversations with your parents. Parents play an important role in the course selection process. We encourage students and parents to continue visiting this website to review the course offerings presentations by department. We hope students take this time to make educated, well thought out decisions.
- Naviance Tasks: Class of 2022 and 2023 students, continue to work on completing the assigned tasks in Naviance. These tasks are to be completed prior to your meeting with your counselor.
- Cathedral Graduation Requirements
- Academic Honors Diploma Requirements
- Graduation Pathways
Phase III: January 28, 2021
- Enter Course Requests in PowerSchool: Once you have gathered the information you need, and you have filled out the Course Selection Sheet you will be ready to enter your course requests in PowerSchool. Watch this video for how to navigate Powerschool.
Phase IV: February 1-March 19, 2021
- One-on-One meeting with your counselor: You will meet with your counselor to review your course requests, review your four-year plan, and discuss your postsecondary goals. Please be sure to review your 2021-2022 course selections and four year plan with your parents prior to your meeting with your counselor. Your counselor will be emailing you with instructions on how to schedule your one-on-one meeting with your counselor. Class of 2022 and 2023 students, make sure you have completed the assigned tasks in Naviance, this is required prior to your meeting with your counselor.
This website and this scheduling kickoff event is not intended to replace your individual meeting with your counselor. Counselors are available today on Zoom to answer general questions, however, more detailed personalized questions should be addressed during your one-on-one meeting with your counselor.