Mental Health Counseling

Sarah Ehlich is the Community Health Network School-Based Therapist at Cathedral High School. She has been practicing as an Art Therapist and Mental Health Counselor for the past 6 years. She graduated from Millikin University in 2012 with her BA in Art Therapy and received her Master’s in Counseling: Art Therapy in 2012 from Adler University in Chicago. She is EMDR trained and takes a very person centered, creative, and strengths based approached to treatment.

Sarah will work hand in hand with teachers, school counselors, parents, and students. This partnership allows all of the caring adults working with students to quickly identify and respond to needs that may arise. Parents/guardians are consulted each step along the way and are active participants in planning and carrying out treatment.

If you are interested in getting your child enrolled in services, parent can contact Community's School Based Office at any time to pre-register them in services.

Community Health Network  
Gallahue School Based Program 

Virtual Calming Room

Sometimes life gets challenging or overwhelming. Our Virtual Calming Room is designed to help students and educators explore strategies to cope during these challenging times. Here are some resources to help you find new ways to manage life, stress, and emotions.


  • What types of counseling services are provided?  Services include: individual and family counseling, crisis intervention, skill building, medication evaluations and management, parent/teacher consultation, case management and mental health education/ awareness.  
  • Who can make a referral?  Parents or Counselors
  • Who can be referred for services?  Any student with behavioral or emotional concerns. 
  • What are common issues to be referred? Anger management, anxiety, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, behavior management, communication skills, depression, grief and loss, self-esteem, suicide and substance abuse issues are some common concerns of students who receive services.  
  • How are services paid for?  There is a financial responsibility for the families of students who receive services.  This can be discussed with the family prior to services beginning. 
  • Can the Community therapist work with any student?  Parents must agree to services and an initial assessment evaluation must be completed prior to the start of services.  Counseling services are voluntary and parents can decline services.
  • Can the Community therapist complete a crisis assessment?  Students presenting with suicidal or homicidal symptoms/ideation can be evaluated by the Community therapist as long verbal parental consent has been obtained.  This evaluation determines the student’s level of risk and provides recommendations for treatment. 
  • What are the rules of confidentiality? School staff should adhere to FERA rules and should not provide information to Community staff until a release of information is signed by the parent.  The Community staff will follow HIPPA rules and will need a signed consent to share information with the school.