It has been an excellent start to the school year, but it has also been exhausting from the stress of all of the safety policies and procedures. We feel for our students and our school's best interest that we need to make a small pivot and introduce what we are calling Mission Mondays. We cannot do some things face-to-face that would help us fulfill parts of our mission, but we can accomplish those goals virtually. Beginning this Monday, we will ALL be online with an adapted schedule each Monday (see below). Tuesday through Friday will follow our normal rotating schedule.
The impetus for Mission Mondays is threefold:
-Sustainably for our teachers and students and their social-emotional health and wellness.
-Achieving our holistic mission (academically, spiritually, socially, emotionally, physically).
-Cleaning and disinfecting our buildings every weekend, allowing three consecutive days for the virus to die.
Mission Mondays' many benefits are integrating social-emotional supports, virtual tutoring, office hours with teachers, clubs, prayer services and more. We also think it will benefit seeing students without masks and building relationships with all students in one e-Learning community.
The schedule has had a great deal of thought put into it as far as supporting the needs of our students, our teachers' needs and the continued priority of the safety of our Cathedral family while we stay on The Hill.
Below is the schedule for each Mission Monday which will start on Monday, August 31st.
8:50-8:55 Prayer and Pledge
11:15-12:00 Lunch and FLEX
*Teachers will post their Zoom links for the class periods on their Schoology page.
At-Home Learning Expectations
- Students are expected to attend each class.
- Students should be available during the time period the class is scheduled to be in session.
- Absences will be reported on PowerSchool.
- Attendance will be based on in-person attendance for the live meetings.
Students will be evaluated based on participation in the following areas.
- Attending class.
- Collaborating with others in group work.
- Evaluating the work of other students.
- Quality of written work.
- Students are expected to be appropriately dressed with a uniform shirt or other Cathedral shirt.
- Students are expected to work at a desk or a table with their camera on. For Physical Education, a Cathedral shirt is expected as well as shorts or sweatpants.
- Students should be using their own iPad for remote learning.
- Students will submit work in a timely manner.
- Students will correspond with teachers in an appropriate manner.
- All students are expected to be responsible digital citizens.
All students and teachers will be online for ALL periods during Mission Monday. Attendance will be taken each period.
Please call the attendance line if your student is ill and unable to participate in eLearning.