Learning Resource Center
Cathedral High School, consistent with the school’s Holy Cross mission of educating hearts and minds and the school’s innovative Cathedral 360 personalized education program, offers the Learning Resource Center.
Designed to meet the needs of students with diagnosed learning differences, the Learning Resource Center and a full-time director work with students and parents to develop an individualized education plan based upon the student’s needs. Physical space—a true Learning Resource Center home—includes areas for testing accommodations, academic coaching, meetings with parents, case conference meetings, and more—all designed to ensure student success and academic growth in Cathedral’s college preparatory curriculum.
Academic coaching and skills building
- Organization, planning, note taking, and time management
- Strategy instruction and study skills
- Grade monitoring and goal setting
- Other executive function skills as needed
- Parent conferences and coaching
- Communication with and support for students’ teachers
- Ongoing professional development of teachers for specific disabilities such as Autism Spectrum, ADHD, etc. to ensure best practices for student learning and parental engagement
- Collaboration with guidance and college counselors for Cathedral and higher education
- Coordination for case conferences
- Extended time and small group testing for Cathedral quizzes and tests
- High stakes testing accommodations arranged for those who qualify (AP, SAT, ACT, etc.)
- Development of student self-advocacy through accommodations process
- Paper alternatives to online tests
- Voice to print technology
- Instruction in the use of note taking software and apps to develop student note taking skills
- Multisensory reading apps on devices
The Learning Resource Center builds on Cathedral’s renowned Language Support Program that provides direct instruction for students with language-based learning differences, and that program continues meet the needs of such students with direct instruction. The Learning Resource Center expands, and refines, the services offered to students within the Language Support Program while also offering all of the services above to students not enrolled in the Language Support Program who have diagnosed needs for accommodations.
For more information about this exciting program, please contact the Cathedral High School enrollment management office at firstname.lastname@example.org or (317) 968-7370.