Summer School 2017
Registration Opens: Tuesday, February 21, 2017
Registration Closes: Monday, March 20, 2017
Summer School Dates: Monday, June 5, 2017 - Friday, June 30, 2017
Summer School Times: Session 1: 8am - 11:30am & Session 2: 12pm - 3:30pm
Online Classes Available: Spanish Hybrid Online—Monday, June 12, 2017 - Sunday, July 23, 2017
1. Summer school registration will open Tuesday, February 21, 2017, and close on Monday, March 20, 2017. Access to the registration sign up will be available Tuesday, February 21, 2017.
- Registration is performed on a first come, first served basis.
- Returning students who register before the deadline receive preference in Physical Education placement.
- Please note that historically, Physical Education sessions fill rapidly; please be sure to register before the deadline to ensure you are enrolled in your preferred class.
2. We make every effort to accommodate all summer school requests. However, there are no guarantees your first choice will be fulfilled due to the need of balancing classes.
3. All offerings are subject to change based upon student interest. Class sizes MUST exceed 10 students.
- Summer school classes are $500 each, not including any books that may be needed.
- Spanish 1 Hybrid is $250.
- Study Skills is $100, which includes all course materials.
5. ATTENDANCE: Attendance during summer school is mandatory and students are expected to be in class each day. Missing one class is equivalent to one week during the regular school year.
6. If you find that your summer school needs have changed, you may withdraw from summer school without penalty by May 12th, 2017.
- Please withdraw in writing to the attention of Kristen Zupancic at email@example.com.
- If you find that you need to withdraw after that date, there will be a cancellation fee of $50.00.
- Refund checks will not be issued and all debits and credits will be applied to the student's account in the Business Office.
- Withdrawal from summer school after May 19, 2017, will result in no refund.
7. Kristen Zupancic will email all students with enrollment confirmation or alternate options in late April.
Summer School Notes
As previously announced, all summer school students are to follow the "school year" dress code.
- All students must wear the Cathedral long or short sleeved logo shirts available only in the Cathedral Bookstore.
- Only a Cathedral uniform sweatshirt or sweater may be worn over the logo shirt.
- Only a plain white t-shirt may be worn under the Cathedral logo shirt. Colored undershirts will not be permitted.
- Long sleeved undershirts are not permitted.
- Cathedral's uniform pants are khaki pants that are ordered from Risse Brothers uniform company. Pants should be worn properly around the waist. Pants that are altered or cut in any way will not be permitted.
- Sock must be worn at all times.
- Hats, sunglasses, head wraps, dew-rags, beads and hair picks are not permitted.
- As during the regular school year, Fridays will be "activity days" and Cathedral spirit t-shirts or sweatshirts may be worn with uniform pants.
- PE students may wear any shorts with a Cathedral spirit shirt or a solid colored t-shirt. Socks and tennis shoes are required. Also, all belongings are locked up safely in a room inside the cafeteria during class.
- For questions regarding uniforms, please call Risse Brothers at 317-770-0898 or the Cathedral Spirit Shop at 317-968-7388.
Due to the shortened schedule for summer school, 100% attendance is expected. If an emergency arises and your student must be absent from school, please call the attendance line and report the absence at 317-543-4942, then option 1. Final exams will be on Friday, June 30, 2017: therefore, this is a mandatory day of summer school.
All incoming freshmen should bring their iPad to school on June 5th. Our technology department will help them set up their iPads. iPads are required for every summer school class, with the exception of Physical Education.
Students do not need to purchase any books; however, they will need their iPad for all classes with the exception of Physical Education. Students do need a folder, notebook, pens and pencils for all classes.
All classes will be held in the main building in Kelly Hall with the exception of Physical Education. Physical Education will meet in 4108 (Cafeteria).
Below you will find a list of courses and their classroom numbers. All classes will be held in Kelly Hall (main building). For any classroom number beginning with 41, classes will be held in the basement, any classroom number beginning with 42, classes will be on the main floor, and any classroom number beginning with 43, classes will be on the 2nd floor of Kelly Hall.
Students in Physical Education can enter through the Welch Activity Center doors and take the hallway to the cafeteria to check in with their teacher.
There will be teachers and administrators on-site to help guide students to their appropriate classrooms on the first day.
Morning Session: (8:00 - 11:30 am)
- Health: 4106, 4109, and 4235
- Economics: 4344
- Physical Education: 4108 (cafeteria)
- Math Bridges: 4102
- English Bridges: 4104
- Study Skills: 4237
Afternoon Session: (12:00 - 3:30 pm)
- Health: 4106, 4109
- Government: 4339
- Speech: 4237
- Physical Education: 4108 (cafeteria)